2017 – 2028
The Hamad International Airport Expansion in Doha, Qatar responds to a significant increase in passenger numbers.
WT is providing high level Cost Plans for Scheme 1: Early Capacity – Existing Terminal Expansion and Scheme 2: Long Term Development – Western Campus.
Scheme 1 achieves an estimated 53 million annual passengers which grows to 80 million annual passengers in Scheme 2.
The phased works comprise:
- New terminal & gate expansion
- Bussing facilities
- Refurbishment to the existing terminal
- New runway, taxiway and apron works
- Utilities and services tunnels
- Fuel farm
- Baggage handling systems
- Special airport equipment
- Automated people movers (APM) network