General Practice Plus
Circa Morris Nunn
Cordwell Lane Building
WT Partnership provided cost management services for the extension and renovation of the Mountain Retreat Medical Centre.
The original building at 430 Macquarie Street, was built circa 1870, and had been operating as a medical practice since the 1970s.
The building had a single entry porch off Macquarie St, which was very narrow with two external steps, both of which represented a source of considerable difficulty for a large percentage of clinic’s current clients.
The new extension to the clinic included four new consulting suites in a copper clad hipped roofed building to the north of the existing clinic.
The scheme pulls the copper form away from the existing building and the boundary wall to provide natural light from two directions on a very tight site. This provided the opportunity for a luscious private garden courtyard for viewing in the consultation rooms.
The project received the 2013 The Colin Philip Award for commercial Architecture from the Australian Institute of Architects.