Arup & Cox
WTP worked with Arup to cost the design for the new Williams Landing Station as part of the Victorian Department of Transport’s Growth Areas Stations Program.
The project included construction of a new premium station and a new overpass on Palmers Road to provide transport access to the Williams Landing housing estate, located in one of Melbourne’s growing suburbs.
The new station includes:
- An island platform between existing passenger rail lines
- A new bus terminal and a taxi rank
- A park and ride facility with approximately 500 spaces, and drop-off zones
- Pedestrian access across the rail line and Princes Freeway via a footbridge
- Facilities for cyclists, including bike cages.
The project also includes a new overpass on Palmers Road to link the new station and Williams Landing development with the Princes Freeway and Point Cook.
The new road overpass features:
- One lane in each direction over the Princes Freeway and Werribee rail line
- A three metre wide off-road shared path for cyclists and pedestrians
- Street lighting and landscaping.